Brand Corporate Identity — Task 1: Logo Design Development

24/04/2026 -  19/06/2026 / Week 1 - Week 9

Dow Jia Zheng - 0354184 / 040604-14-1581

Brand Corporate Identity /  BDCM / Taylors Lakeside Campus

Task 1: Logo Design Development


INSTRUCTION


Figures 1.0: MIB





LECTURES

WEEK 1 

The first week of the module is a basic introduction of Brand Corporate Identity course content where our Lecturer explained the basic differences between a brand, branding, brand image and brand identity where he lay out the learning objectives, assignments and the design process for the entire semester.

The first task that is given to us by our lecturer where we are asked to first choose an industry as our research to selecting five relevant brands for case studies. I decided on going with the entertainment specifically RPG Fantasy game where the five brands that I have chose  are:

Blue Archive

Genshin Impact 

Destiny 2

Final Fantasy 16

Wuthering Waves



WEEK 2

Week 2 is where we have Holiday, so we focus on conducting on the chosen five brands that we chosen to conduct a full case study on them. As for me where through the study of the chosen games where it gave me a in depth case study of understanding of how the game brands gained it recognizable brand with visual consisted system and brand symbols that are easily remembered by players.   


BRAND CASE STUDT ANALYSIS REPORT


Figures 2.0: BRAND CASE STUDT ANALYSIS REPORT


WEEK 3

On the Week 3, where I began writing my proposal where the main task at this stage of Task 1 is to put the understanding that I have gained in the case study into my brand direction of the sort of RPG Fantasy game that I wanted to design. 

It was where I decided on the brand name that I wanted that is "Astella Nova" where I proposed a RPG Fantasy game that is lore and character driven world that made use of modern and traditional storytelling that has been proven in the past to the present.



WEEK 4-6

In Between Week 4 to Week 6 is where I beginning to sketches out the visual design logo mark, where I first sketch out the design visual from the five brands. After that I began to expand the sketches with the shapes of circle to star shapes where I initially focus on Destiny 2 than later on Blue Archive where after taking inspirations from other brands designed where I managed to sketch these sketches:





Figures 2.1: Brand Logo Sketches Design 1






Figures 2.2: Brand Logo Sketches Design 2






Figures 2.3: Brand Logo Sketches Design 3





WEEK 7

On Week 7 is where I beginning to design the fonts style for Astella Nova where I initially went with using Minion Variable Concept Font Style as a base where I made the sketches out with the Primary Logo and Secondary Logo.


Figures 2.4: Initial Font Style 







Figures 2.5: Primary and Secondary Logo Sketches 



After advice from the Lecturer on the Font Style where I redesign its completely:



Figures 2.6: New Font Style

 



WEEK 8

In Week 8, is where I began applying the color palette for my Brands Logo:

Figures 2.7: Brand Logo Color Application







Logo Design Direction & Process


Figures 3.0: Brands Analysis (1)




Figures 3.1: Brands Sketches 1


Figures 3.2: Brands Sketches 2




Figures 3.3: Brands Sketches 3






Figures 3.4: Brands Sketches 4




Figures 3.5: Brands Sketches 5




Figures 3.6: Initial Logo Design


Figures 3.7: Logo Font Style Redesign


Final Logo Design


Figures 3.8: Final Logo Design




TASK 1 - Logo Presentation


Figures 3.9: Logo Presentation





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Publishing Design

Digital and Social Media Communication — Task 1: Social Media Analytics