Video and Sound Production Final Project : Stop Motion

22/10/2023 - 28/11/2023 / Week 8 - Week 14

Dow Jia Zheng - 0354184 / 040604-14-1581

Video and Sound Production / Bachelors of Design in Creative Media / Taylors Lakeside Campus

Final Project / Stop Motion 30% - Group


Lecture

Week 9

On this week, Mr Martin taught us about stop motion where we learned the theories of pre production. Where we were provided images to create a stop motion video using premium pro to edit the image and then using the after effect to edit as well before turning it into stop motion video.


Figure 1.1 : Stop Motion Tutorial Process




Figure 1.2 : Stop Motion Final




Week 10

In week 10, Mr Martin us to bring our phone, tripod and headphone for doing a stop motion video in the studio where we from a group of two to three people as well as being provided with clay to mold our character. 






INSTRUCTIONS






Final Project 

STOP MOTION - MINCRAFT Daily Routine









REFLECTION

Experience

The experience that I have in doing my final project is very exciting and interesting to me as I was allow to explore what story I want for my stop motion project to be about as such as deciding what props characters to use such as clay or dolls where I settled on the Lego minifigures that I have at my house that was perfect for the stop motion, my first experience in doing a video film for the final  project first time is a battle scene of two army where I quickly found it quite hard to do as I gave to move multiple characters, where I decided to a more simpler idea that is a gunfight between two character, but I also quickly found that not interesting enough. So in the end I decided to with a large minifigures build at my house where I apply what I learn from the two attempt.


Observation 

From what I observed in doing the final project stop motion are that writing a story for the film with action scene is quite hard where as the ability to move the character around is not that great I decided to settled on a more simple and relaxing story with a bit of action. As essentially the ability to take the story that one have written and apply in visual film is a great test as the character movement need to match that of the story and environment.  


Findings

What I have found throughout the process of completing my final project stop motion are that it test all the skills that I learn so far in this module such as the sound editing, color correction, setting the environment places to record and many other skills. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interactive Design Project 1 : Prototype Design

Advanced Typography Task 3 / Type Exploration and Application

Anatomy and Character Sculpture Exercise: Anatomy Fundamentals