Illustrator and Visual Image Project 1: Vormator Character

4/4/2023-26/4/2023 / Week 1 - Week 3

Dow Jia Zheng - 0354184 / 040604-14-1581

Illustrator and Visual Image /Bachelors of Design in Creative Media / Taylors Lakeside Campus

Project 1 Vormator Character

Project 1 Character Vormator

The first exercise that is assign to us are vormator character where we are to design a character using only the shape of the vormator elements that is provided to us.

Vormator Elements



Figure 1.1: Vormator elements shape.


Sketches

These are the sketches that I made of what I want my character to be like, I decided on the body of the character I want to be simple and cute with the two Zerk shape to be the ear that I want to add except for the face I can't decide what face design I should go for.



Figure 1.2: Sketches


Character Outline View

During my process of deigning the vormator character in Adobe Illustrator I decided to add a pouch of sort getting this inspiration from one of the most beloved character in kid cartoon that is Doraemon with his famous pouch. Adding one more thing to the initial sketch that is the Drop shape to the arm to make it look like it have claws.


Figure 1.3: Adobe Illustrator Outline View


Final Work Submission


This is the final design for my vormator character for my submission where I got to admit definitely not one of the best design work that I have made where there are many improvement I could made to the design like adding more shadow to the ear and arm as well as making both the pouch and also the nose more detail like adding a extra layers to it, but in the end I believe this should serve to be a good lessons for me to improve myself even in the future.



Figure 1.4: Vormator Character Final Design


Illustrated Typography


Sketches


Figure 1.5: Initial Concept of Illustrated Typography
 


Final Work Submission



Figure 1.6: Final design of Illustrated Typography








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interactive Design Project 1 : Prototype Design

Advanced Typography Task 3 / Type Exploration and Application

Anatomy and Character Sculpture Exercise: Anatomy Fundamentals