Dow Jia Zheng - Design in Creative Media Honours (semester 1 - Week 7)

 

Final Blog 

Design in Creative Media Honours


First Assignment 
Exercise 20% (Due on 20 January)

First Design 1 - The Trees

This is the first initial design where I intended to do draw an big trees that is very old with the design principle of balance as it at the center of the drawing and Repetition the multiple use of line as well branches, but in the in end I decided to changes to another drawing design.



Second Design 2 - Word Flow



This is second design of the first exercise it is the far departure from the first design The Trees, it was attempt to try something new using the design principle of movement where I draw yellow lines with multiple line in it to give an feel of movement and Symbol, World and Image that describe negative and positive emotion of human as well as separate them with colors of red and blue.


Third and Final Design 3 - Triangle Newton Light


This is the final design that I decided to submits for Exercise, it is simple that does not have much complicity to it with the design principle of harmony of 6 different colors and triangle, the other design principle is balance as it is the at the center of the drawing where the triangle support it.  


Project Self 1: Self-Portrait

Initial Prototype Sketches


This the sketches that I first plan for my self portrait be like with at the head there is suppose to be three space that show what I think and the four large spaces that is  separated outside the body will be my imagination, hobbies, background and my experience as well there is music symbols flowing out of my ear to show that I like listen to music .


End Design of the Prototype 


At the end I decided to have one large oval shape at my head and also remove the music symbols flowing out of my head to it less complex. As for the 5 remains spaces I decided use the design principle of symbol, Word and Image to tell me about myself.

Ideas and Design Process















Final Design of Self-Portraits


This is the final design of my self-portrait where there 5 spaces that talk about myself, at the left there my imagination creative and hobbies that I like to do, at the right there my background that explained who am I and also my experience to places that I have been to.


Visual Analysis

Sketches 1


Sketches 2

These two drawing are sketches that I am deciding and planning that took inspiration from two poster  at the bottom. After the some thinking and feedback from Mr Charles I decided to combine both of the sketches idea into one.

SAVE THE PLANET POSTER 

from upklyak
 
upklyak




First Visual Analysis Design 

This is the visual analysis drawing that I draw that use the design principle of balance and symbols, word and image to show how earth is being destroys. It the evolution of sketches 2, but after the feedback from saying that if the cycle then the events represented are sequential, hard to see levels or layers, so I decided to combine sketches 1 and 2 to design new one.


Second Visual Analysis Design


This second visual analysis is the combination from both of my sketches and feedback of the first visual analysis Design feedback of Mr Charles after showing to Mr Charles asking for his feedback on this newer design I procced to complete the final and improve version of it.


Final Visual Analysis Design - Circles of Truth



This final visual analysis design that use the design principle of balance where the circles and trees is at the center, the other design principle is symbols, word and image where the images and colors tell what going on. The UNSDG is climate action that remind the people the people that action must be taken to save our planets.


REFLECTION


Throughout my study in design in creative media module I have learn a lot about basic design principle to improve my design skill and allow me to explore different design that I never try before that teach me how to utilize design to convey purposeful messages to a target audience, which is the process that I really enjoy and the thing that I did not really enjoy is the short time of this semester that made me rush an few time. What I have learn about myself through this module is that I really like to create thing and design, but I do not know how to improve my skills where thanks to this module I began to saw some improvements and throughout this learning journey there some changes like most lecture as well tutorial is in online other that there not much changes at all. The module can be improve in my opinion is that more time are given as this module semester is too short.














 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interactive Design Project 1 : Prototype Design

Advanced Typography Task 3 / Type Exploration and Application

Anatomy and Character Sculpture Exercise: Anatomy Fundamentals